National and Local - a perfect ply
We at Yarn & Yoga are strongly committed to supporting our local shepherds, spinners and dyers of yarn. We now showcase ten local yarns, each with its own story and charm - often you can see photos and names of the very sheep or alpaca or llama or angora goat who produced the skein in your hand! We have the following yarns for your very special project:
· Wayfarer Farm from Fayston, 80% alpaca and 20% merino, in natural colors.
· Three Sheep Farm from Monkton,100% wool, in natural colors. This yarn is shorn from sheep who live out their days at the farm.
· Layn Farms from Monkton, 100% alpaca, natural colors.
· Farm Yarn from Montgomery, 50% alpaca, 50% wool, natural colors plus dark green, burgundy, and midnight blue.
· Fairy Tale Farm from Bridport, 100% lambs wool, natural colors plus greens and blues.
· Meeting House Farm from Lincoln, 100% wool, full array of colors.
· Philo Llamas from Monkton, 100% llama wool, bright colors.
· Shadow Dance Arts from Hinesburg, Shetland/alpaca/llama blends, natural colors plus combinations of bright colors.
· Luccio Lina from Burlington, silk and merino or superwash wool/mohair/nylon hand-dyed bright, variegated colors.
· Rice Paddy Farm from Lincoln, 60% mohair/40% merino wool in an array of colors.
We also carry local roving in both alpaca and wool. Come to see and feel these unique and gorgeous yarns, and read more about each farm!